Michigan Federation of Music Clubs, Inc.
The Michigan Federation of Music Clubs provides an opportunity for local clubs to nominate and select an individual or organization deserving of a MFMC Citation Award.
This prestigious award is the highest award of honor within our organization. It is presented for outstanding service to the local club, community, state. It is an award which is the exception, not the rule in award giving.
According to the Citation Chair’s handbook, the award may be presented to an individual or organization, i.e. music-related or media organization. Federation membership is not required.
The rules include:
- The recipient should have accomplished an outstanding achievement or contribution in the field of music and/or their respective clubs.
- There shall be one nominee per year from each club voted upon by the club’s Board.
- A completed narrative biography must be submitted to the Citation Chair by March 15th.
- Nominees are reviewed by an MFMC Citation Award Committee for approval by April 1st.
- A person shall receive no more than one award.
- An award may be given posthumously.
Please feel free to contact me for additional information or support.
I look forward to receiving your club’s nominee.
Laurie M. Marshall, MFMC, Citation Chair
MFMC Citation Award Recipients:
2019 Catherine Rollin (Birmingham Musicale)
2018 Penny Draper (LMM) and Betty Hunt (MMC).
2017 Frances Isaac (MMCBC) and Li Wang (MMC).
2016 Viola Millmine (TMGP) and Vivian Oberheu (MMC).
2015 Carol Broughton (LMM), Myrth Kremers (MMC), Michael McMurtrey (JTMC), and Helen Schmitz (TMGP).
2014 David DiChiera (TMD) and Sandra Nye (MMC)
2013 Georgianna Conrad (MMC), Laura Dougherty (ROM), and Pamela Ruehle (PHM).
2012 Joyce Vance (MMC).